I dislike Mondays. I don’t see what’s good about a day that tears you away from weekend heaven, a weekend I spent relaxing, watching great movies, reading and writing, eating all sorts of comfort food (pizza, pasta, tuna salad) and following an awesome chocolate mousse recipe… while creating a mess out of the kitchen. I do recommend it though! It’s simple and quite yummy.
It is with a heavy heart that I dragged myself out of bed (not before I pressed the Snooze button a dozen times) this morning and left to work. I’ve started counting down till the next weekend already; it’s about the only thing that can get me through the day! Counting down the hours till I get to go home helps too.
However, one good thing happened today! Or rather… it happened last night but I saw it today. I received the One Lovely Blog Award from Spilt Hot Chocolate. This reminded me that I also received a couple of other awards during the week – the Booker Award and the One Lovely Blog Award from Cresting the Words, and the Seven Things About Me Award from AuthorWorld. Thank you so much! It’s nice to be recognized by other bloggers!
While I appreciate the sentiment, it turns out that I’ve received the One Lovely Blog Award and the Booker Award before, so… I’m sorry, ladies! =[ It’s my bad; I should put up a list of the awards I’ve received to avoid any confusion. However, I’ve never received the Seven Things About Me Award, so here goes!
According to the rules, I have to tell everyone seven things about me:
- I am often paranoid about everything, down from the way I interact with people to the way I keep thinking that my writing sucks and I will most definitely offend someone.
- I like broccoli! Honestly I don’t understand why this yummy vegetable receives so much hate.
- While I find most babies cute and love to play with them, I have no desire to become a mother.
- Out of all jewelry, I like wearing bracelets the most. However, I rarely wear watches.
- My favourite superhero has always been The Green Lantern for some reason.
- I’m pretty clueless about what’s going on in the world around me. I mean, I have a general idea, but I don’t really go around looking for news. It gives me a headache.
- My all-time favourite video games have always been Crash Bandicoot and Tekken.
Next I have to nominate 7 bloggers for this award:
That’s about it. Feel free to accept this award or leave it! Meanwhile I’m just going to slug through the rest of this day. What are some things that help you get through Mondays?