Well, I can honestly say that I didn’t see this coming. Not only is this blog fairly new, I just didn’t think it was special enough to win any award, and for that I have to thank Lea at Sea – thank you so much! You’ve really made my day. =D Strangely enough, I too was drinking tea when I saw the nomination… green apple-flavoured green tea!
Here are the rules of the VBA:
If you are nominated, you’ve been awarded the Versatile Blogger award.
- Thank the person who gave you this award. That’s common courtesy.
- Include a link to their blog. That’s also common courtesy – if you can figure out how to do it.
- Next, select 15 blogs/bloggers that you’ve recently discovered or follow regularly. ( I would add, pick blogs or bloggers that are excellent!)
- Nominate those 15 bloggers for the Versatile Blogger Award – you might include a link to this site.
- Finally, tell the person who nominated you 7 things about yourself.
Now, I haven’t been around the blogosphere long enough to know 15 bloggers, but I’ll mention those whose posts truly caught my attention.
- Snotting Black.
- Courage 2 Create.
- Get Write Down To It.
- Pete Armetta.
- A Farewell to Sanity.
- Karen’s Different Corners.
As for the seven things about myself, here goes:
1. I’m quite the chocoholic; I can never resist it, even if it’s from complete strangers, and I’m known to consume large quantities in a few minutes, such as… say, five Mars bars in five minutes.
2. I absolutely hate it when people take photos of me against my will. When my friends used to take those back when film was still used, their films turned out blank or burned almost all the time. Darn them digital cameras. I haven’t found a way to hex memory cards… yet.
3. I got the nickname “Zen” from my cousin. He found my name extremely difficult to pronounce, and ended up calling me Zen instead.
4. Even though I’ve had my driving license for over three years, I haven’t touched a steering wheel since. I seriously believe that if I attempt to drive a car right now, I will crash into the first wall in front of me.
5 . I don’t like beaches. I hate it when the sand gets into my swimming suit and hair. You end up washing those pesky grains out of your body for days. I’ll take swimming pools over beaches any day.
6. I’m quite the shy person. While outspoken on the Internet, in the outside world I tend to clam up and feel flustered when people I’m not very familiar with address me or try to drag me into a conversation.
7. I dream of opening my own chocolate business one day. I did attempt creating chocolate once (milk chocolate with apple & cinnamon filling), but it was… uh, less than tasty. I guess we all gotta start somewhere!