I think this is the longest I’ve gone without posting. This was an extremely frustrating week, I barely had time to do anything except work because I was on incredibly short deadlines and had to work overtime to get everything done. It didn’t improve much today, and I’m already looking forward to the weekend. I wish I could just skip ahead like Adam Sandler did in his movie, Click.
In Click, Sandler’s character gets a remote control that controls aspects of his life and enables him to relive parts of his life, go on auto-pilot, skip unpleasant things…
However, Sandler misused the remote, and that really messed up his life. Now I admit I might’ve made some of the mistakes he did, but for the most part having that remote would’ve really helped me out. I have a list too!
- Work – I don’t really like my job. I work as a translator, and while I would’ve preferred to translate novels and the like, that option wasn’t available to me. So mostly at my job we translate legal and financial stuff, and it can really get boring and tedious after a while. If you’ve read any legal jargon, you’ll understand what I mean. What I would like to do is just go on auto-pilot during my working hours. Sandler appeared to function efficiently while on auto-pilot, and he even got a promotion!
- Weekends – Oh these will be put on a loop. Just imagine how good it would feel to come to Sunday, expecting to face a Monday the next morning, only to realise that it’s Saturday again! … though I guess that would negate the need for going through work on auto-pilot. Hmm. I will have to think this through.
- Writing – I haven’t been writing lately because I just haven’t been finding time for that. But this remote would give me all the time I need. I would pause everything around me (including time) and write to my heart’s content without any distractions or feeling that I’m too short on time. I would also include an option that would enable me to turn on creativity like a faucet. It can be done, Calvin!
- Memories – Now, I know Sandler’s remote didn’t have an option for this, but I would include a button that could erase unwanted memories. I’m sure everyone has something they’d like to forget (an embarrassing moment, a fight, etc), and an “Erase Memory” button would definitely come in handy here.
- Background Music – Have you ever been in a situation where you thought, “Some background music would be awesome right about now”? By background music I mean the kind of music that plays in movie scenes and whatnot. I just think it would be awesome if I could have the option to play my favourite tracks during some situations in my life.
What would you use the remote for? Any feature you might include? How did you like the movie? The ending drives me to tears every. Single. Time. If you haven’t watched it, I do recommend you do; it’s pretty awesome. =]