I’ve alluded several times to a novel that I’ve been working on for more than four years, a novel about a muse in the shape of an invisible bunny who goes out of his way to destroy writers and other artists. I have often struggled with this novel because I did not know how to end it, but now I can proudly say that, I have finally managed to type “The End” at the bottom of the document.
I finally finished it! Writing the last few paragraphs was excruciating, and I’m pretty sure they’re terrible, haha, but that doesn’t matter because The Muse Bunny is now COMPLETE at 84,352 words, and I can’t tell you how absolutely happy I am about it!
During the course of writing this novel, I went through many occurrences that felt quite suspicious, such as:
- I pulled several all-nighters;
- I neglected my apartment continuously and I’m ashamed to say it resembled my main character’s pigsty of a home at one time;
- I fell asleep while sitting for an exam and woke up writing, “And then Tinkerbell went to…” (I really don’t know where she went; maybe I would’ve known if I slept a little longer);
- I had Writer’s Block for nearly two years;
- I mysteriously lost my Jump Drive where I had kept the full version of my story, and ended up having to rewrite about 8,000 words;
- My computer crashed often
… among many other things. It all got me thinking that, hey, maybe evil muse bunnies do exist! Or maybe I was just being paranoid because I was writing a novel about them. Whatever the case may be, I remain sure of one thing: writing this story has been one of the most rewarding, most amusing things I’ve ever done. I will never regret it. So what if there’s an evil bunny perched on my shoulder? This was still incredibly fun.
Editing, however, is an entirely different story. But for now I celebrate! … with Jell-O because I don’t have any chocolate. =[