2014 was many things… good, bad and ugly… but at least it did not throw any 1-star books at me! Of course a lot has changed in the course of this year, and I’ve had a lot to reflect upon… but the one constant has remained my love for reading (and determination to beat the Goodreads Reading Challenge). Around this time of year, I like to look at my stats and pick out the few that really stuck with me. And okay, okay, I’ve read some books that made me feel that I’ve wasted my time, but I still think I’ve had a pretty decent share of good ones, and I wrapped up the year with a pretty book (and some amazing sweets but that’s besides the point)! But first, let’s see how I checked out on the resolutions front!
- I read 50 books in 2014! It was a close call, having finished the 50th book yesterday, but I made it!
- I read one children’s novel and one middle grade novel and liked the latter more. That is important because the children’s one was Charlie and the Chocolate Factory and I wasn’t all that enamored by it.
- I didn’t stop reading any books! On a roll for more than two years now!
- I’ve written a review for every single book I read this year. I even went back and wrote reviews for some books I read years ago.
- I was not lured by pretty covers. Well, I was lured by a book or two, but I think I improved!