… is snuggling in a warm bed while everybody else in the house wakes up at the crack of dawn getting ready for school and work, especially when it’s pretty cold and rainy outside. It felt like payback for all those hot summer days during which I was the only one getting up for work and walking around under the baking sun, haha.
It also gives me the chance to acknowledge and show my appreciation to all the blog lovin’ I’ve received lately. Cheryl Fassett, Emma McCoy and Gongjumonica presented me with the Very Inspiring Blogger Award. While I did get this award before, it’s still nice to know that people find me inspiring. =D I also received Blog of the Year 2012 Award from Nicole, and that is truly an honour. L. Palmer gave me The Reality Award, and last but not least, Karen and With Your Coffee gave me the Liebster Award. I’m actually not sure I qualify for the last one, but they had fun questions so I decided to bite, haha.
The last two awards require me to answer questions, so I’ll post them here in their respective order (I edited out similar questions):
1. If you could change something what would you change?
Hmm. Well, I think I would most likely change my susceptibility to diseases and mood swings. I suffer from those often, and they do tend to get in the way. So it would be nice to get rid of them.
2. If you could relive one day, when would it be?
I’m not sure there’s any particular day. I mean, I don’t remember a day that I would like to relive again and again. If there was one, it would become boring if it kept getting repeating, wouldn’t it?
3. What’s one thing that really scares you?
Darkness. It may sound childish, but dark places give me the creeps!
4. What one dream have you not completed yet, and do you think you will be able to complete it?
Like an actual dream? Because that happened to me once. I was having a dream about fluffy animals living in a land where everything was made out of plush material, then suddenly a “To Be Continued” flashed across everything and I woke up. I still don’t know what happened next. 😦
5. If you could be someone else for a day, who would you be?
I’m just happy being me! Though I suppose it would be interesting to see how celebrities live. 🙂 No particular one, just celebrities in general.
6. What is your favourite board game?
Well, it has to be a tie between Scrabble and Monopoly!
7. What is your best childhood memory?
The time when I bought my first book. I spoke about it here. 🙂
8. If you could learn anything, what would it be?
I would love to play a musical instrument! Preferably violin or piano.
9. What is your favourite hobby?
That would be a tie between reading and writing.
10. If you can have a meal with anybody, who would you want it to be with?
Hmmmm. I feel a bit bad that I can’t think of any important personality, but I believe it would be awkward anyway. You’d have to be all dainty and careful not to spill anything. That’s not an enjoyable meal at all! I just want to have a meal with people I’m comfortable with.
11. What is your favourite dessert?
Chocolate of course! 😀
12. What would your wish be for the world?
At the risk of sounding incredibly and extremely cliché, I do wish everyone would just put their differences aside and give us some peace. People have put up with enough already.
13. If you wrote a bucket list, what would be the #1 thing on it?
To reach a state of general happiness. That’s not to say that I’m not happy right now, but there is so much stress and frustration that it’s easy to forget that sometimes, so I want to be in a place where it would be impossible to forget just how happy I am. Kinda silly, maybe, but that’s what I yearn for. =]
14. Favorite sport? To play? To watch?
I tried Hand Ball for a bit, but I’m really terrible at sports so that didn’t last more than a few days, haha.
15. If you were going on your first date, what would you do to impress her/him?
I think I’m well past the point of ever having a first date again! But hypothetically, I just would act like my normal self. I’m a strong believer that one should like the other for what they are without any of the extra effort.
16. Dancing or bowling?
I’m a terrible dancer and bowler, but if I had to choose, I’d go with bowling.
17. If you could blink your eyes and be anywhere right this minute, where would you be?
With my fiancé.
18. Favorite holiday?
I would have to say New Year.
19. Are you an only child? Or first, middle, or baby in the family?
I’m the eldest child among four. 🙂
20. How long have you been blogging?
I started a while ago, but I only really took it seriously around April.
21. What is your favorite word or expression, that you use most often? Could you base a short story on it?
Oh, that is difficult. I actually don’t know! I don’t think there’s a particular expression I use often. I’ll tell you of an expression I heard yesterday that made me laugh – Ay, caramba! which is an exclamation in Spanish used to denote surprise.
22. What color are your eyes?
Olive green flecked with hazel.
23. And since I’m a horoscope junkie, what is your sign?
I’m a proud Libra. =D
I hate to break the chain, but I always find it so difficult to choose blogs to present with awards! Not because none is worthy, not at all. The problem is that so many are worthy that I feel bad if I leave anyone out! So instead I invite anyone who reads this to answer the above questions; it’s a fun way to get to know other bloggers! I’m also going to share with you a fun video I came across yesterday: